Sunday 19 July 2015

'My Fairy Mother'
Rey Jorca Supranes

Inside her interior,
A reservoir of water;
Like a vast ocean
Cradling and forming
A womb of art;
'til big waves pushed me out.

I wailed as the new world welcomed;
I hushed when I had my first
Encounter of a fairy;
Her image is a bit blurry;
All I could hear is her sweet voice,
I used to stream while inside.

The fairy lulled me to sleep when I'm weary;
She fed me when I'm hungry;
She clothed me when I'm cold;
She rested me in her heart when I'm scared;
With every heartbeat an assurance
I won't be harmed in anyway while she is around.

The fairy's face I started to recognize;
The same face I wowed every time I open my eyes;
There is serenity;
There is peace;
There is calmness;
Just like in the ocean where I used to be.

As I began to see the world in my own eyes;
Oceans have sharks;
But I always reminded by
The fairy's wit:
"I carried you from my womb with a fanatic heart."

There were times,
I wished the fairy is by my side;
She would tell me:
"When sorrow and pain strike,
I still have the ocean.
Just return and go home
to my womb."



No comments:

Post a Comment