Tuesday 14 July 2015

'What My Father Taught Me'
Rey Jorca Supranes

My father did not teach me how to drive a vehicle but he taught me how to drive my life;
My father did not teach me how to throw and catch a ball but he taught me how to catch myself when life is throwing me curve balls;
My father did not teach me how to use the worldwide web but he taught me how to avoid getting tangled in my own webs;
My father did not teach me how to hammer a nail but he taught me how to nail down my insecurities;
My father did not teach me how to fly a plane but he taught me how to grow my wings and soar high;
My father did not teach me how to fire a gun but he taught me how to shoot my dreams;
My father did not teach me how to sing a song but he taught me how to be in tune with my peers;
My father did not teach me how to dance but he taught me how to have rhythm in life's blows;
My father did not teach me to regard crying as making me less of a man but he taught me shedding tears make me human;
My father did not teach me how to be a tightwad for the rainy days but he taught me to be crafty during drought.
My father did not teach me how to swim but he taught me some strokes to paddle my way out of the sea of sharks;
My father did not teach me to be himself but he taught me to be myself.
Happy Father's Day, Tatay Bert!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment