Wednesday 15 July 2015

'My Mother's Story'
By: Rey Jorca Supranes
Every time I am greedy, I think of her kindness;
Every time I am selfish, I think of her selflessness;
Every time I am about to raise my voice, I think of her calmness;
Every time I need a hug, I think of her warm embrace;
Every time I feel lazy and unmotivated, I think of her hard work and sacrifice;
Every time I feel like giving up, I think of how she remained strong and overcame adversities;
Every time I am in the height of callousness, I think of her compassion;
Every time I need to forgive, I think of how she has forgiven those who done her wrong;
Every time I am boastful, I think of how she always kept her feet on the ground;
Every time I feel tired of living alone in my own truth, I think of our connectivity where words are unnecessary;
Every time I am distraught, I think of her lullaby;
Every time I feel like losing my orbit, I think of her strategy on how to manage to get by;
Every time I have to tell my story, I think of my mother's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment